After taking a look at what series I have completed a few weeks ago, I got really curious how many I’ve actually started so far, but haven’t finished. Turns out there are 42 series. Oops..
These aren’t really in any order, other than me looking through my Goodreads account and adding every unfinished series I came across. (I hope these are all, though there might be some missing where I wasn’t aware that it’s a series, or maybe I even completely forgot about it for the moment..)
Bold, I want to continue/finish.
Cursive, I might continue/finish.
For every series I have added how many books I’ve read so far in the series and how many the series has. When I don’t know I’ll go with how many have been published so far (not counting novella’s) and add a question mark.
I also added some comments to some of the series, but if you have questions, you can always leave a comment or Tweet me (@NicoleWolf89)
01. Deadly class – Rick Remender, Wesley Craig & Lee Loughridge (Vol1./?)
02. Rat Queens – Krutis J. Wiebe & Roc Upchurch (Vol.1/?)
03. Saga – Brian k. Vaughan & Fiona Staples (Vol1./?)
04. Sex Criminals – Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarsky (Vol.1/?)
05. The Sandman – Neil Gaiman (Omnibus 1/2)
06. Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins (2/3)
– A.G. Howard (1/3?)
Momo – Andrew Knapp (1/2) Loved it, but not interested in another one.
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams (1/5) started the
second one, but DNF-ed it. This series is not for me.
10. Miss Peregrine – Ransom Riggs (2/3?)
11. Tales from Lovecraft Middle school – Charles Gilman (1/4) only when I can find used copies. I enjoy them, but I’m not interested in paying full price for them.
Dressed in Blood –Kendare Blake (1/2) Prefer this as a standalone.
13. Rizzoli & Isles – Tess Gerritsen (4/11?) Currently reading book 5.
14. Sweep – Cate Tiernan (12/15)
15. Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops – Jen Campbell (1/2)
16. A Darker Shade of Magic – V.E. Schwab (1/2?)
17. American Gods – Neil Gaiman (1/2) Anansi Boys isn’t really a sequel, but it’s set in the same world, so adding it to this list of series I want to continue.
18. Sherlock Holmes – Arthur Conan Doyle (1/9)
19. The Archived – Victoria Schwab (2/3?)
20. Discworld – Terry Pratchett (1/41?)
De Cock – A.C. Baantjer (?/70?) A Dutch Crime series that I used to love. Read one
again not too long ago, but didn’t love it as much anymore. I do own quite a
few and will probably re-read those at some point in time, but I’m not
interested in picking up any ‘new’ ones (well, ones that I haven’t read yet..) at
this point in time.
22. Cormoran Strike – Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling (2/?) Most likely will continue this, because I love her writing, not the biggest fan of this series though..)
23. The Lunar Chronicles – Marissa Meyer (2/4)
24. His Dark Materials – Phillip Pullman (1/3)
Host – Stephenie Meyer (1/?) Not sure there is even going to be a sequel..
It’s been so long! Anyways, I loved the host, but I have no interest in a
sequel. It’s perfect as a standalone.
26. Nightmares – Jason Segal, Kirsten Miller & Karl Kwansky (1/2?) Loved nightmares as a standalone, but will most likely pick up the sequel as well.
the Teenage Witch – David Cody Weiss & Bobbi J.G. Weiss (1/55)
Pirates! – Gideon Defoe (1/4)
Discovery of Witches – Deborah Harkness (1/3)
Lockhart – Phillip Pullman (1/4)
31. Chocolat – Joanne Harris (1/3) I loved Chocolat as a standalone, though I’m not ruling out reading the rest of the series.
Fear street – R.L. Stine (?/?) Read a whole bunch as a child, no Idea how far
I got into the series though..) re-read one a little while ago & let’s just
say they weren’t as good as I remember. Not planning to continue, though might
re-read some of the ones I own someday.
34. Slide – Jill Hataway (1/2)
35. The Wizard of Oz – L. Frank Baum (3/14, though not in order) I Probably will be reading some more in the future, but I doubt I will ever read all of them.
Wonder – R.J. Palacio (1/2) The other book is a collection of Precepts, I’m not really
interested in reading them. Loved
Taal is zeg maar echt mijn ding/en dan nog wat –
Paulien Cornelisse (1/2)
38. Smokey Barrett – Cody McFadyen (4/5) I would love to continue this one, but the fifth book has (so far?) only been published in German. While I do speak some German, It’s definitely not good enough to read a whole book in.
39. Grant County – Karin Slaughter (1/6?) Enjoyed the one I read, but this series isn’t anywhere on the top of my list to continue. Not ruling it out completely though.
40. Alex Delaware – Jonathan Kellerman (5/30?) Might read a couple more, but I don’t expect to ever read all of them..
41. The Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis (2/7)
Wicked Years –Gregory Maguire (1/4) I prefer Wicked as a standalone.
18 I want to continue/finish.
9 I might continue/finish.